Monday, March 30, 2009

Jack's Mannequin Interview - Recap for April 6

As most have heard, I secured an interview last week with Andrew McMahon from Jack's Mannequin. First off, he is AWESOME!!!!

Second, that interview proves it never hurts to ask and name dropping is KEY. I knew there would be a two week break from One Tree Hill to start the month of April, and I always like to provide fun interviews and content to help everyone get over the break.

On a whim, I sent out a feeler email to see about getting Andrew on the podcast. Well, it went through the channels until it got to Rick Gerhshon from Warner Brother's Records. I had worked with Rick over the summer when I interviewed his new artist Jason Reeves.

I got a call from Rick when I was in Greensboro, N.C. with my women's basketball team. I will never forget. It was a Friday evening and we were having dinner at a player's family's home when he called. At first Rick was telling me the interview may not be possible, until I reminded him we had worked together with Jason over the summer. His whole mood changed and he told me they would make this happen.

Six weeks later, it happened. One of the most iconic bands for One Tree Hill, Jack's Mannequin, will be on my One Tree Hill Podcast April 6. We talked about Andrew's new album "The Glass Passenger," his song from the album "The Resolution," and his connection to Stephanie Meyer who wrote the Twilight series.

The interview is 30 minutes long and I as I interviewed Andrew I didn't really think about the length. I didn't realize how huge it was to get that long with Andrew until a friend of mine in the radio industry put it in perspective for me. He said you rarely get that long with an artist and that was big-time for me.

I don't know if it is big time, but it is cool I am going to be able to offer up this interview to everyone next week. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did doing the interview.

No comments: