Thursday, March 19, 2009

New Mexico Bound and Things Upcoming

I leave for New Mexico in the morning. My Western Carolina women's basketball team is playing Vanderbilt on Friday. This is it. We lose, the season is over and the three seniors season ends. We win, we make school history, moving to the second round of the NCAA Tournament for the first time ever.

My life is so fractured right now I don't know where I am and where I am going. Well, I know I am leaving for New Mexico in the morning. My fulltime job that pays the bills and my One Tree Hill Podcast drags me in many different directions.

One day I am writing a game story, the next day I am securing an interview with a band or a One Tree Hill actor. I guess you can say I am versatile.

Like next Thursday when I get back from New Mexico. It is back to podcast mode as I am interviewing Andrew McMahon from Jack's Mannequin.

But I have learned something about myself in the last few months. I work better promoting a single entity. Focusing soley on my women's basketball team or locking in on a certain player and promoting her.

I have hopes of one day moving on and finding something that really inspires me. If something inspires me then I latch on to it. I want everyone to know about it and in the end, they do.

No one knew who Western Carolina women's basketball player Brooke Johnson was two years ago before I took the job. Now they do.

I can promote. I am not boasting. Just stating a fact.

And no one better never tell me I can't do something because I will move mountains to prove you wrong.

That is why I like my women's basketball team's odds this weekend. They are a No. 13 seed facing a 4 seed. But don't tell them they are underdogs. They are already champions and they know they are made of win and they believe they can beat Vanderbilt and to them it wouldn't be an upset.

And again, as you all know, I don't back losers. Why start now?

No comments: