Friday, March 27, 2009

Me Ambitious? No, Can't Be

I had some serious moments of self-discovery this week. I have been called out as being ambitioius. I say, well, I don't think of myself as ambitious, I just go after what I want. A friend of mine told me, hello, that is the definition.

So, maybe I am ambitious. Most of the time I am easy going. Now, there are some things that get me fired up. Some other friends of mine claim I have this list, and if you get on it, you are toast.

But, if I see something I want, or get something in my head, I go after it. You know, I live my life trying to avoid regret. I have seen others wallow in their regrets, and I live my life on the basis that if I don't do something will I regret it. If the answer is yes, then I do it. Life is too short for regrets.

And maybe that mentality makes me a bit agressive in my pursuits. I know I was called out on it today. It can be a tad overwhelming. But it is true. The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

I don't know. I really don't know where my life is leading me. Most days I have a plan and I follow it. But in the last year, my desires, my pursuits, have opened so many doors for me. I was told I have drive and dedication this week - and it is true like I have been saying all along. One word or comment could just be that to someone - words. But to others it could mean so much more.

Even if my current pursuits don't come to fruition I think I will be okay with it, I won't like it, but I will accept it. Because someone noticed what I had to offer. That doesn't happen every day, and you should grab it with both fists when it happens.

No comments: