Sunday, March 8, 2009

So I Wait

I hate waiting. And what is so funny is so much of my daily life, especially work-releated parts of my life, is about waiting. The worst is basketball game day. We eat pregame four hours before the game, come back and get dressed, and then head to the arena. And then, I wait. And I wait and I wait.


Then after a good hour of waiting, I have to wait agan for the national anthem and then team introductions. By the way, I have probably heard the national anthem about 500 times and counting. Just an FYI.


I don't know, I am the kind of person who wants to get things started. I have this nervous twitch when I am excited or anexious. My leg starts to shake and I am sure those around me believe it is an earthquake.


But I am always moving, my motor is always running. Ideas run through my head 24/7. Whether it is work related or new ideas for my One Tree Hill Podcast, I am always hustling.


Right now I am waiting in the hotel room for tomorrow. My women's basketball team, the Lady Catamounts of Western Carolina, will play in the Southern Conference Tournament Finals. What is on the line? A conference title and a bid to the NCAA Tournament.


On the other side of my life, my podcast life, I am waiting to hear back about four interviews. I check back from time to time and they tell me to be patient. So I am.


And I wait.



1 comment:

Stargazer said...

"There was a high school basketball game tonight somewhere in America. A team won and a team lost. That's not the real story. The real story is about fathers and sons. It's about life and time and change. Girls and boys went to the game. They dressed and hoped to fit in. Some did. Some didn't. It's a story that has history and chapters yet to be written. There was a high school basketball game tonight somewhere in America. Reporters will report. They'll tell you who the high scorer was and what the keys to the game were. But that's not the real story. As a matter of fact, that's not the story at all."

Your basketball blogs make me think of this wonderful voiceover from OTH. Just thought I'd share :)

Smiles,
Angie